Walcott Lutheran
Walcott Lutheran Church
Walcott Lutheran Church, Walcott, ND is located 35 miles southeast of Fargo in northern Richland County. We are known for our annual Lutefisk and Meatball Dinner the third Sunday of October each year. The women hold their annual bazaar and bake sale the same day.

Our address is 537 3rd Street, Walcott, ND 58077


  • Meeting was held December 12, 1889 at the Walcott school house to organize a congregation and call a pastor. Pastor Rasmus J. Wisnaes accepted a call to serve as interim pastor every fourth Sunday and served 10 years.
  • The Ladies Aid organized on June 28, 1894. A group of 16 women met monthly in members' homes.
  • Cornerstone for the new church building was laid June 8, 1898, was completed in 1899 and dedicated in 1903.
  • Walcott Lutheran was part of the Norman Parish along with Gol, Dovre, Norman, St. John and Christiana.
  • On December 4, 1899, Gol, Walcott and Dovre formed their own parish and called their own pastor.
  • A few years later the Dovre church left the parish and the Walcott-Gol parish was formed.
  • A new parsonage was built at the current site on February 9, 1906 for a cost of $3,400.
  • 1947 the church steeple was struck by lightning and burned. The church proper was saved because of the "bucket brigade" formed by area fire departments. Bystanders prayed and it began to rain.
  • In 1957 the education unit was added on along with a water system.

PASTOR: Karin Moberg
Administrative Assistant: LeAnn Toppen
Accompanist: MaryJo Lothspeich
Office/Parish Phone 701.469.2183

President: Shelly Swandal
Vice President: Cheryl Anderson
Secretary: Sandy Heglie
Treasurer: Leeanne Girodat
Deacons: Stuart Swandal & Ron Heglie, Dan Girodat
Trustees:  Mike Heglie & Allen Stone, Jeff Hanson
Board of Ed: Beth Oestreich, Tasha Heglie & Tara Cuypers
WELCA President: Nina Stone
LYO Advisor: Denise Heglie
EaND Synod Delegates: 
Bethany Homes Reps: Susan Hanson & Bette Jordheim